Sunday, March 06, 2011

185 posts on the way?

image

Well, no. But since I decided to start doing this writing thing again, I’ve searched all of the places where I put my ideas (mostly dumped into drafts on Windows Live Writer), and was shocked to make a discovery: 185 draft posts. One hundred eighty-five drafts?!!!

I have been back and forth over the past few years about continuing to write about martial arts, and every time I’d have an idea about something related to martial arts, I’d do one of the following:

  • I’d think, “Wow! That’d make a great post, I’d better write that down!” Then I’d get too busy, not have a pen and paper, and it’s would be gone (about 85% of the time).
  • About 10% of the time, I’d write it down or email myself, or create a draft post. Then do nothing.
  • Maybe 2 or 3% of the time, I’d start a post, and actually build it, and then leave it because I couldn’t justify the time it costs me.
  • A small percentage of the time, I’ve posted these ideas. Thus, the light posting.

So, that’s why my posts went from over 500 in 2006, to as few as 44 in the last couple of years.

So, I’m going to post them. Not all, but many. I’ll mix them in as they deserve it, and I’ll schedule some so that it will cover the dry times, but my commitment to myself is to post at least once a week, no matter what, and, if I only posted these drafts, I’d cover the next 3 years! So it should be easy, and take less time than I was committing to this before.

So, I’ll pick and choose, but post more. Please let me know if you like them, and the comments are appreciated. And, if you use it, please connect with us at the TDA Facebook Page.

I also plan to ask some of my martial arts friends to write guest posts on occasion, and continue to recommend other blogs, sites, and books that I read. And we’ll see how it goes.

Thanks for reading TDA Training.

____

Like this post? Subscribe to our feed or by email and you won’t miss a thing.

Please interact with us at our TDA Training Facebook page!

All original material is copyright of their respective authors.
All rights reserved. Permission must be obtained before use. Copyright 2011

No comments: