Monday, July 17, 2006

Want to Achieve the Splits?

I have been blessed with a muscular build, and excellent flexibility. When I was a kid, I could put both legs behind my head and totter around on my hands. I always admired the flexibility of gymnasts and ballet athletes because it was useful flexibility. Later, when I was exposed to martial arts, I started doing my favorite kick, the side kick, and wanted to be able to kick straight up in the air. I was able to do everything I wanted to do over time, and what helped me was working the techniques, but also doing so in a way that maintained my flexibility. I say that because I never really had to work very hard at it, so I am not the best giver of advice on flexibility. A picture of me circa 1991 or so should demonstrate it.

This article, on the other hand, seems very good, and can help you achieve the flexibility you desire. Please look it over. Another good resource is Superfoot Bill Wallace's materials. More later...
Ads by AdGenta.com

No comments: