Sunday, April 10, 2005

I'd like to invite you to go to Karate College 2005 with me

UPDATE: I WILL BE ATTENDING THE KARATE COLLEGE. Please join me.

Karate College

Several year ago (more than I'd care to admit), My friend John Rolls and I attended the Karate College at Radford University. I think it's still the best deal in the universe for excellent instruction. I'd like to attend with my friends this year as well.

Please click the link above for more information and to download an application.

My recollections are as follows:
It was three or four days (Thursday through Sunday) of incredible instruction under such martial arts luminaries as Grandmaster Jhoon Rhee, Joe Lewis, "Superfoot" Bill Wallace, Willie "Bam" Johnson, Masters Michael DePasquale Jr and Sr, Master Wally Jay, Tony Blauer, one of the Gracies, Steve "Nasty" Anderson, and many others. The cost of attendance was less than what a one or two night stay at an average hotel would have been, and it doesn't look like it has changed much. When I attended, we stayed on the campus in dorms, and lunches were covered. Please link to their site for details.

IF YOU DECIDE TO GO, OR ARE STRONGLY CONSIDERING IT, please give me a call at home or work so we can coordinate. I don't want to limit anyone as far as what is studied, but if you'd like my humble recommendation, just ask. Otherwise, let me know what you've chosen and I will let you know if we have any courses in common. They also pair people up as roommates, so let me know ASAP, but be forewarned that I snore!

Thanks,

Nathan

No comments: