Monday, February 12, 2007

Watch this body shot!

Physical Strategies posts a great video of Mickey Ward dealing an awesome knockout via kidney hook. Watch the video.

Few things demoralize you more than a good body shot. I lost my first fight at recess via an uppercut while I was inhaling. I went down immediately, and didn't want to get up! It took the wind out of my sails. I'm now a big fan of them. The kidneys are one of the best punching locations, and the floating rib for those side and back kicks.


See also, Why I love body shots!

1 comment:

John Vesia said...

Body shots hurt big time. Boxers are said to have good chins, but I've never heard of a fighter that could take too much punishment to the body. A reverse punch or cross to the solar plexus will end things quickly as will a spin-around-back kick to the ribs. There's a reason TKD players wear those chest protectors.