Friday, June 30, 2006

Today's TDA Tip: Just When You Think You've Got Em... - video

This is an interesting video. Watch as I, your humble blogger (wearing the white headgear):



  1. Lead off with a jab to close the gap, bringing Mike's guard in then...

  2. Thrown a clean lead hook (a 1-3 boxing combination), then

  3. Mike tries some crazy trip (watch his right foot) and he gets knocked off balance. While trying his trip, he flails out with his right arm, and I am struck in the side of the head.





The lesson: Even though I had the initiative, you still have to keep your guard up. Mike could have hit me in the eyes, or had enough momentum to knock me out or stun me. In the event that he had a buddy around, that could've been all they needed to take me out. We're not in competition, we're fighting (or not) to survive.


That's it for today's tip. I hope it helps.

No comments: