Monday, June 12, 2006

Jeet Kune Do Wednesday Night Group of Redlands



You've got to read this Le Blog post. I love it! Some of the original Bruce Lee students and their senior students still working out in a garage. As I look into my crystal ball, I see myself in the future, still kicking a tree, fingerlocking some youngster, and whipping a dead branch with a stick.

My own training has almost always been with small groups of dedicated fighters. In previous years, Brian Furlano and I would beat the heck out of each other a couple of times a week, then talk about it for the rest of the week. Later, when I had three TKD schools and over 800 students, I'd still work out with 10-12 students who wanted the "hard-core" stuff. It just seems to work out best that way. Now, Sam, Mike, and I are considering adding two or three new guys, and I don't know how I'll handle the crowd!

My own training has also progressed over the years from Isshin-Ryu to TKD to Taido to Muay Thai to Aikido and Jui-Jitsu to boxing to kickboxing to Judo to Arnis to MMA and combatives. Where will it end? I keep on picking up useful information, so I don't know. I can't help but teach or else I'll forget something, too!

Read Le Blog's post and then go to the JKD site here.
Ads by AdGenta.com

No comments: