Thursday, November 17, 2011

Movie Review: The Warriors Way

I just watched The Warrior’s Way on Netflix while stretching, and was pleasantly surprised. Their plot description didn’t really lead me to think it would be any good.

“Fugitive Asian assassin Yang journeys from the Far East to the Wild West, where he holes up in a tiny town in the American badlands. There, he meets local drunk and ex-fighter Ron, as well as a beautiful circus knife thrower with a dark secret.”

So you have an “Asian assassin” in the old west? Throw in Kate Bosworth? What could go wrong? Six-guns and swords? I decided to queue it up, but kept my thumb on the trigger (remote) so I could quickly move on.

My summary review:

Not a great story, but beautiful cinematography in a Kill Bill-style bloodbath flick with less gore. A blend of Japanese mythology and comic book spectacle with Matrix effects mixed in in a Wild West setting. Typical revenge story mixed in for good measure.

Good mindless entertainment.


Check out the trailer:

IMDB link

1 comment:

Brenton Allan said...

That's an awesome movie I've ever watch. I like the story of movie totally particularly last part is very amazing. By the way thanks for cool review of movie "The Warriors War".