Friday, March 19, 2010

Don’t Tase Me Bro! – effects of the Taser

Taser hit Photo via PoliceOne.com 

This photo is a great illustration of the effects of the Taser non-lethal device. At my former agency (I was a civilian employee), all officers being so certified were required to take a shot from the Taser before being allowed to utilize one. My current experiences visiting and meeting police agencies throughout the country are very similar – they require it.

I believe that this type of training helps develop both empathy on the part of the officer as to what the subject will go through, and how to best utilize the tool. A good idea, in my opinion.

See the original post here. If you’re in law enforcement, or have an interest, check out PoliceOne.com, and you can follow them on Twitter, too.

Want to take a hit?

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments: