Saturday, October 25, 2008

Want to talk? New feature at TDA!

New Google chatback at TDA
I have added the Google Talk chatback feature to TDA Training, the Best of the Martial Arts. Right now, you can see what my online status is, and if you like, chat with me to ask me a question, make a suggestion, or yell at me about the Dallas Cowboys and my hex on them. Heh. Check it out on the sidebar. I will be moving it around as I figure out where to put it, but leave it at the top of our sidebar for now.

According to the Google Talkabout blog

Google Talk feature that lets visitors to your web site chat with you. We call it "chatback" because instead of you doing all the talking on your blog, your visitors can talk back to you. Sure, they could leave comments, but those are public and hard to use for a real conversation. With chatback, it's a real instant message session.

To use chatback, you must have a Google Talk account ... but your visitors don't have to [Emphasis mine - Ed.]! They don't even need to have an email address, or to have ever used instant messaging.

When they visit your site, they'll see a badge like the one on the right showing your online status (available, busy, offline) and, if you're available, they can just click and start chatting. Chatback uses the web-based Google Talk Gadget so your visitors don't need to download anything. It opens in a new window so they can keep chatting with you even if they browse to other pages.

So check it out, try it, and let's see how it goes!

Nathan

No comments: