Monday, May 08, 2006

Taxi Drivers all around!

Have you ever seen Taxi Driver? Seriously disturbed movie...

It's a stereotyped portrayal of, "
A mentally unstable Vietnam war veteran works as nighttime taxi driver in a city whose perceived decadence and sleaze feeds his urge to violently lash out."

Why do I mention it? Because a large part of self-defense is the "verbal Judo" of dealing with those who will try to distract , intimidate, or confuse you to set you up for a scam, mugging, or get you to submit to their sadistic, bullying ego trips, a la schoolyard punks. Criminals work in groups or teams and getting you to talk with them is often long enough for their boys to move in behind you and take you out. We may have to deal with a Travis Bickle or worse (if you can imagine it) in our lives and how do we do it?

I admit, my training and instruction on this is lacking. If you can recommend drills and training materials on scenarios, I'd appreciate it if you'd
email me. I will look for available resources on the Web and post links and ideas.

P.S. No offense intended to any actual Taxi Drivers!

No comments: