Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Josh Barnett: Pro Wrestling Moves work in MMA

Josh Barnett interview:

"If I may say so, there's not that big of a difference between pro-wrestling and mixed martial arts. There's not that big of a difference between the techniques of pro-wrestling and mixed martial arts. There's risk that comes along with mixed martial arts techniques. Looking at Carl Gotch and Bill Robinson's matches, I don't feel there's a big difference between mixed martial arts. The basic parts are connected but not everyone can use Double-Arm Suplexes or German Suplexes. You can use them if you learn the skills that I have.

I use pro-wrestling moves because I want to entertain the fans and I want to prove that pro-wrestling is the best. It's boring to fight the same way all the time, just because the rules are the same, right? I want to show the fans things that only I can do, and as a professional fighter, I understand that I'm expected to give an exciting fight that will entertain the fans. That's the kind of fight that I want to show them."

No comments: