Wednesday, January 25, 2006

WOMAN VS. MAN

This is a pretty good article on how a woman can defend herself against a man. It features information by Mimi Lesseos:

Lesseos started judo at age 6 and went on to Greco-Roman and pro wrestling. She competed as a professional fighter for 12 years. “My first professional match was at 16,” she says. “Then I got into kickboxing, and I’ve done some taekwondo because the last seven years of my professional fighting were in full-contact shootfighting in Japan, Peru and Europe. That was the hardest martial arts [training] I have gone through. It was full-contact, anything goes.”Lesseos, who was known as “Magnificent Mimi” on the pro wrestling circuit, has also trained with grappling legend Gene LeBell for the past 15 years, and with sambo and fullcontact karate expert Gokor Chivichyan for nearly as long.

No comments: