Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Deep in the swamp - TDA Blitz

I have been working so much in the past few days I haven't been able to post. A few thoughts and reflections:

How do you like the new layout? There's a new Google and YouTube video bar at the top of the site. If you mouse over the snapshots, the name and length of the video will appear. By clicking on it, it'll open an embedded player at the top of the blog. I think it's pretty cool. What do you think?

BTW, we are now posting the TDA Training Videos on Google Video for your viewing enjoyment. I only have about four up there now, but I may use it for hosting and sharing the vids. Use the keywords "TDA Training" to find ours. Pretty cryptic, huh? 8-)

Boot has an excellent post with video on covering up in a corner as a defensive strategy. Check it out. I will probably post on it soon, so please study ahead!

What else? You may remember a few weeks ago, I posted on the effectiveness of eye gouges and biting for self-defense. If not, read this. Weekend before last, while attempting to sink in a rear naked choke, Sam attempted to extricate himself with a fingerlock, and my left index finger was either broken or severely sprained. It didn't stop me at the time, but swelled up at the middle joint by 50% or so within a few minutes of the end of the training, and hasn't really healed. I learned a few things from that: 1) I should've immediately release him and tried another technique or angle - I had his back, be patient! 2) The technique didn't work. Sam should've disguised what he was trying to do by feinting to do something else, then gotten it definitely, as that could have caused me to tap. Again, patience. 3) I need to work on my RNC! Bad technique put me at risk of the fingerlock to begin with! Watch GrappleArts' Roadmap for the Rear Naked Choke for help on this. I am!

Moruken Dojo, Dojo Rat, and Striking Thoughts have had some awesome posts lately. Check them out! If you aren't reading them every day, you should be (after TDA Training, of course!).

More in a couple of day!


No comments: