Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thank Our WWII Heroes


I bought a truck today, and while in the showroom, met an elderly gentleman who couldn't really see. He briefly explained that he'd lost his right eye in WWII early in the fight as a young lieutenant, then gradually the use of the other eye. He went on to tell my wife and I that he'd gone on to earn his masters and doctorate, and had worked until the early '80's. I spoke with him a few minutes, thanked him for his service to our country, then bade him farewell with a touch on the arm, and "God bless you." Please take time out to recognize and thank veterans of any age, but especially WWII - they won't be around much longer...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have learned, through my father's service, reading and studying history, and the honor of knowing veterans such as yourself, Daniel, and many others. You should be proud of your family. I didn't know that they all had such a distinguished history of service!