Saturday, September 23, 2006

The downside to using a blog editor

As I sit here at Dallas-Ft-Worth, waiting for a ride home, I thought of something I should share with you. Back-up, back-up, back-up, back-up, back-up, back-up!!!!

I use the Qumana blog editor, and discovered something, much to my dismay. When I went from the Manassas PD job to my current one, I realized that I had never backed up the local files from Qumana. I had about 20 or 30 draft posts that were going to be done when I had time. What I do when I have an idea, but no time, is start a post on the editor, then save it as a draft until a rainy day when I can reflect and continue this here fine tradition of writin' that we have at this here blog, by expounding at the length the subject deserves.

Never again! I have a backup drive in that I will use weekly so that this doesn't happen again. It's not as much a tragedy as you all must think because, in my experience, whhen things like this happen, what I come up with later is better than the original. We'll see.

No comments: