Monday, March 06, 2006

Those are the breaks!

Sunday, 3/5, I was part of the entertainment for my son's Cub Scout Blue and Gold banquet, a yearly celebration of Scouting across the country. About three days before the B&G, I heard back that they'd like me to do a demonstration, and I got my materials on Saturday night - first mistake. I had no holders with training, so I elected to do speed breaks and power breaks on slabs. The boards went fine. The slabs, that's another story. In tomorrow's post, I'll put photos of the fabulous breaks, and why it happened. I also plan a post on breaking as a practice in the martial arts. Stay tuned.
Don't try this at home kids!!!
See these knuckles? They're about to hurt!
Now it hurts!
Speed ridgehand through three boards. Ouch!
Knifehand through three boards.

No comments: